ripe avocado cut in half on a wooden table
I have read so called “food hacks’ that were dismal at best. But I found these hacks, and they sound genius. Now, full disclosure here, I have not tried any of these yet, but I certainly plan to!
- You can keep avocados fresh if you store them in your refrigerator with an onion.
- Use a waffle iron to make grilled cheese. It’s quicker, less messy, and leaves holes in the bread to soak up your soup.
- Use a koozie when eating a pint of ice cream. It keeps the ice cream cold, but your hands warm.
- Steam vegetables while cooking pasta. Put a baking rack down on top of the pot you’re making pasta in. Then pile your veggies on top of that rack, and put a lid over them. The water from the pasta should steam them about as fast as the pasta cooks.
- Use a muffin tin for taco toppings. No cooking involved with this one. Just put each one of your fixins’ in a different part of the tin. Then you’ll only have one dish to wash.
- Use an air fryer to cook frozen pizza one slice at a time. Just cut a frozen pizza into slices, and pop one in your air fryer for a quick snack.
- Use an old ketchup bottle to make perfect pancakes. Clean it first, and then fill it with batter. Squeezing it out gives you more control than pouring it.